Tour with Prairie Debut in the 2019-2020 Season
Applications are now closed.
Please check back, applications for our 2020-2021 Touring Season will open in early 2019.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
Prairie Debut invites established and emerging professional Canadian musicians specifically in the classical and world-music genres to apply to tour in the 2019-2020 season.
- May be individuals or small ensembles;
- Must view the discipline as a vocation and be recognized as professional in their artistic discipline by their peers
- Must be a Canadian citizen, or have permanent resident status, as defined by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. You do not need to be living in Canada when you apply.
- One or more members of the ensemble must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive.
- Selected Applicants MUST be available to tour for two 2-week periods during the 2019-2020 season (October to March) and Showcase at a minimum of one of the following Provincial Contact events:
- Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta Showcase, October 19 – 21, 2018 in Fort Saskatchewan AB
- Organization of Saskatchewan Arts Councils Showcase, October 12 – 14, 2018 in Regina SK
- Manitoba Arts Network Showcase, October 25 – 28, 2018
HOW DO I APPLY?
Applications must be submitted through Acceptd and require the following:
- Complete Application Registration Form.
- Professional quality audio files and if possible, video files. The submitted repertoire must include at least 3 contrasting works (concerto works are not eligible). You may either upload 1 file that includes all 3 contrasting works, or 3 separate files. You may submit these files directly in the application, or you may alternatively submit links via audio/video web link to these files.
- Biography, current reviews and photo (high res). PLEASE NOTE: Applications which do not include the name and information for the pianist in a duo configuration will not be considered by the jury.
- List of recent, current and upcoming performance activities.
- Proposed program for concert and outreach performances. All selected applicants will be required to include a Canadian work(s) on their touring performance programme.
- List of technical requirements and if appropriate a stage plot for tour performances (include instruments required, both those supplied by the artist/ensemble and those which must be supplied by the presenter (e.g. grand piano). Please specify sound equipment required for tour performances.
- Artist’s statement on audience development and education as related to proposed repertoire (300 words maximum). PLEASE NOTE: If the application is being submitted on behalf of the artist, this must be prepared and signed by artist.
- Artist’s goals and expectations for touring Western Canada (300 words maximum). PLEASE NOTE: If the application is being submitted on behalf of the artist, this must be prepared and signed by artist.
Please visit https://app.getacceptd.com/prairiedebut#applicationlist for more information and to start your application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Completed applications to tour in Prairie Debut’s 2019-2020 Season must be submitted through Acceptd no later than Monday, March 12, 2018 at 11:59pm EST.
APPLICATION FEE: $30 US Dollars paid through Acceptd
Upon receipt, all materials become the property of Prairie Debut and will not be returned. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete.
All applications will be considered, but only successful artists will be notified by June 1, 2018.